APPLICATION PERIOD FOR THE 2017/18 SCHOOL YEAR HAS CLOSED.
Questions about our scholarships should be directed to Leilani Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-335-8222.
If you do not receive a confirmation email from me saying you have completed your application, you have not fully completed the scholarship application.
PLEASE NOTE: WSU Alumni Association scholarships are available to Undergraduate students only.
Alumni Association Leadership Awards ($5,000 per award) - The WSU Alumni Association Leadership Awards provide scholarships to WSU students who have distinguished themselves through outstanding leadership qualities and academic excellence. Minimum GPA of 3.30. Supplemental essay required to apply. APPLY >>
- WSU Everett, Global (online), Spokane, Tri-Cities and Vancouver Campuses ($5,000 per award) - One Alumni Association Leadership Award will be awarded to each campus. Based on leadership characteristics as well as academic performance. Minimum GPA is 3.30. Supplemental essay required to apply.
- Phillip and June Lighty Leadership Awards -- The Phillip and June Lighty Leadership Award provides full out-of-state tuition for an incoming freshman who has distinguished themselves through outstanding leadership qualities and academic excellence. The scholarship is partially renewable.The primary focus of this award is leadership. There is a different supplemental application that must be completed with this award. Please put the supplemental application in ONE document and name it your first and last name. The GPA you list needs to be non-weighted.
- Skagit, Whatcom, San Juan, and Island Counties Leadership Awards ($1,000 per award) - The goal of this scholarship is to provide an award to deserving students, preferably of Junior or Senior standing who are currently enrolled at WSU, to offset the expense of attending college. Applicants must be a graduate of a high school in Skagit, Whatcom, Island, or San Juan counties (or a graduate of Stanwood HS who resided in Skagit or Island County). Minimum GPA of 2.5. Supplemental essay required to apply.
- Junior, Senior Leadership Legacy Awards ($5,000 per award) -- Applicants must be of either Junior or Senior standing and currently enrolled at WSU. Applicants must also have had a member of their immediate family (parent, sibling or grandparent) graduate from WSU. Any one or a combination of collegiate academics, financial need, leadership, community service, or campus activities will be considered in the selection process. Minimum GPA is 3.3. Supplemental essay required to apply.
- Retiree Legacy ($1,500 per award) - Applicants must be a Sophomore through Senior standing and currently enrolled at WSU. Applicants also must have a member of their immediate family (parent or grandparent) that has retired from WSU. It is based on leadership experience. Minimum GPA of 3.0. Supplemental essay required to apply.
- Cougars of the Desert ($1,500 per award) - These are financial need based scholarships for incoming freshmen through senior class members. Minimum GPA of 3.3. Supplemental essay required to apply.
- Wine-By-Cougars Scholarship ($1,000 per award) - The WSU Alumni Association’s Wine-By-Cougars scholarship award is designated specifically for students certified in either Viticulture and Enology, or Wine Business Management. Supplemental essay required to apply.
- Amy Jones Memorial Scholarship ($1,000 award) - Awarded to an incoming freshman who attended High School in Pend O'Reille County or Bonner, County, in Idaho. Including the following High Schools: Priest River, Newport, Selkirk and Cusick. Minimum GPA of 3.2. Supplemental essay required to apply.